The answer is: it depends.
Practically speaking, a financial coach will help you set and achieve financial goals and develop better money habits. You should work with a coach if you need help tackling these tasks (and much more):
- Debt reduction/debt elimination
- Cash flow and monthly expense planning
- Helping build or repair credit
- Talking to your significant other or family about finances
- Planning and saving for big goals—a wedding, a car, a down payment for a home
- Strategizing when and how to save for retirement
- Saving for college
- Young professionals - starting out financially strong
Remember a dream without a plan is called a wish! No one wins championships by accident. Even world-class athletes have a coach, because the reality is, we never outgrow our need for guidance.